Saturday, November 14, 2009


After a couple weeks of thinking she was coming any day now Elaenia finally was born this morning. It was pretty crazy how fast it all happened. At first things were progressing pretty slow and we thought we were in for an all day ordeal, then about 3 minutes later we had nurses running all over trying to find a Dr (he was so close to being there, but not quite). She weighed 6 lbs 5 oz and looks a lot like her older sister did about a year and a half ago.
Ann-Marie is doing well and getting some well deserved rest. Now that it is over I think she is looking forward to being able to brag about having done it old school since we had no time for any drugs. I don't think I have ever heard anyone yell "OH CRUDDY!!" with such vigor...

5 comments:

Jan said...

Congratulations Shirley family! What a beautiful little girl! We are so glad that everyone is doing good and all went well with the delivery! We can't wait to hold this new precious addition!

Colette said...

Congrats! She looks like such a cutie. Glad mom and baby are both doing well. I can't even begin to imagine not having an epidural during delivery. You are quite the woman Ann-Marie!

Natalie said...

Congratulations!!! Quaid and Elerie are so anxious to see your baby! Quaid is already asking when you will be home from the hospital so we can see her! Congrats and Way to go Ann Marie!!!

annabell bash said...

Congratulations Beanie and Bry!! (More congrats to Beanie though!:) We're so happy for you and we couldn't ask for a cuter litle girl to share Parker's birthday! :) Can't wait to hold her and give her some nookie! Love you guys!
Love, Mark, Anne, Gracie & Parker :)

Erin said...

Wow congrats! I had no idea you were pregnant again! Can't wait to see more pics of the little cutie!